Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Woman refused gastric band sheds 17st.(News)

Byline: BRENDAN HUGHES

A DETERMINED woman lost an amazing 17 stone after her GP turned her down for a gastric band.

Kiira Delaney dropped from size 32 to a size eight in under two years. She is now training as a fitness instructor to help others stay in shape.

The 25-year-old, of Colwyn Bay, who now spends three hours a day at the gym, said: 'The secret was just determination."

Kiira weighed 25st 2lb when she was turned down for the gastric band operation because she suffered from depression. She now weighs 8st 6lb.

She said: "I was living as a virtual recluse. I only went out to buy food, and then I discovered Tesco online so I didn't even do that.

"I wasn't doing anything. I'd be out of breath after a 10-minute walk, I'd sleep all day because I wanted to shut the world out, and stay up all night on the internet.

"Now I've got two jobs, a long-term boyfriend, I've got self-confidence like I never had before."

She has had the date her doctor said "no" tattooed onto her neck, along with the date she reached her target weight of 10 stone.

No comments:

Post a Comment